Sunday, November 10, 2013

Early Bird

About 9 years ago I was able to get up at 5am every morning and head to the gym. I never liked waking up that early but I always felt amazing after working out. I also didn't have to worry about it for the rest of the day. It was done. No more thinking about it. Until the alarm went off the next morning. I have myself weekends off. I did cardio 5 days a week and lifted weights 2 days a week. 1 day focusing on upper body the other day the lower body. 
I have often thought of going back to this model of working out. I stuck with it for such a long time. Yet, lately when I plan to go to the gym in the morning I always find a excuse not to go. (Big surprise to all of you, I'm sure.). A big reason why I choose not to go is because I now have these two adorable heaters that sleep with me, otherwise known as dachshunds. How can I leave them?  They're so warm?  Also, I hate that I'm already gone from the house 9 hours everyday, go can I leave them alone for that much longer. 
So, I don't go. Instead I lay in bed with them while Denali squeezes as close to me as she can and Porter hugs my neck by laying his face on mine. 
And then I get up, get ready for the day, put on my clothes and wished I'd gone to the gym. 
However, I love that time in the morning with my pups. I don't want to give that up. So, instead of getting up at, what now seems like an ungodly hour, I'm going to be heading to the gym after work. I know I can do it. It just means turning left instead of right when I leave the parking lot after work. 
I may not be the early bird anymore but to be honest, I don't really like worms that much anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment