Tuesday, November 27, 2012

From Sound to Music

Today is one of those days where I really want to write something extremely profound and thoughtful and yet nothing is coming into my brain that seems worthy to share.  Which, of course, is such a silly thought because I know that I have many worthy thoughts to share.  So I think what I will share today is that I am starting to actively listen to music again.  For about 10 years I chose not to listen to music.  I would have silence in the car.  I would have silence while playing around on the internet, or cooking or just hanging out.  I couldn't handle having the additional noise. 

I suppose I couldn't handle all the additional noise because I already had enough noise in my head to begin with.  I didn't need to add to all the crazy that was living in my head. 

But now that I don't have all that crazy up in my head.  Well, okay, let's be honest, I still have crazy in my head.  I mean, I wouldn't be me without some level of crazy.  But I am no longer bordering on insane.  I no longer have voices shouting at me in my head.  I no longer have constant static blazing through my brain.

So now when there is silence, it truly is silence.  Not that I have a problem with silence.  I'm totally fine with being lost in my own thoughts.  However, what I am enjoying is discovering music and finding out what kind of music I like.

My life has gone from one of just constant noise to one filled with the beautiful sound of music. 

So, my friends, what musical artists do you enjoy?  Share with me!  I'd love to discover more!

No comments:

Post a Comment